PMMail/2 and Broken Telephone Connectinons

Agents pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 21:52:30 -0500

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:59:52 -0700, Chris Adams wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:27:07 -0500, Agents wrote:
>
>>Unfortunately I got a somewhat similar cavalier response when I twice complained about this over a year ago.  I was told
that
>>this was a limitation of the TCP/IP stack in OS/2...  Clearly this needs to be addressed and I quite agree with you that it is
hard
>>to recommend a package that does not handle this problem appropriately.
>
>I was told that the TCP/IP stack in OS/2 automatically does this.
>Certainly other applications I used seemed to handle this...

I doubt that.  An example -- if you are downloading a large webpage in Netscape and *while still downloading the page* the
connection is lost and your dialer then re-establishes the connection Netscape will probably have timed out and you have to
reload the page.