PMMail/2 and Broken Telephone Connectinons

Chris Adams pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:19:06 -0700

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 21:52:30 -0500, Agents wrote:

>>>Unfortunately I got a somewhat similar cavalier response when I twice complained about this over a year ago.  I was told
>that
>>>this was a limitation of the TCP/IP stack in OS/2...  Clearly this needs to be addressed and I quite agree with you that it is
>hard
>>>to recommend a package that does not handle this problem appropriately.
>>
>>I was told that the TCP/IP stack in OS/2 automatically does this.
>>Certainly other applications I used seemed to handle this...
>
>I doubt that.  An example -- if you are downloading a large webpage in Netscape and *while still downloading the page* the
>connection is lost and your dialer then re-establishes the connection Netscape will probably have timed out and you have to
>reload the page.

Not automatic resume but detecting that the connection was dropped.
Netscape times out. My FTP clients time out. Just about everything times
out, except PMMail.
PGP Public Key Fingerprint: A39A 4042 4421 7B02  6A94 0347 D46E 8234