Pmmail has gotten too slow to use!

Mike Kilroy pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 07:47:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hmm.. Wonder why all my pmmails act slow with lots of mail in
lots of folders, when no one elses does....  Not just one
machine.  My machine is a Pii-400 with 128Mb ram, 10+gb HD - no
slow poke.  Works great on all other programs.

Interesting thing I just found... I cc'ed e:\pmmail /s to
F:\pmmail and ran it there.  No delays at all jumping from
message to message....  Could pmmail begin to corrupt something
in its BAGs with time maybe?

I will now delete e:\pmmail and recopy the copied version back
over and see if that does anything (after a good PSNS.exe
backup or course).

Thanks to all for taking the time to tell me they are not
seeing this too.
That was needed to get me trying other stuff (like archiver,
etc).

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 21:29:01 -0700 (PDT), Don Morse wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:37:08 -0400, Jonathan B. Bayer wrote:
>
>>>Anyone have a fix for the super slow down in PMmail?  As more
>>>and more mail is accumulated in folders, to arrow key down to
>>>the next email may take 10 seconds.  With 30 new emails, this
>>>is way to much wasted time.  I can no longer live with the slow
>>>speed.
>>

>>I have about 135 meg of messages in 13500 separate files with a LOT of
>>folders, running on a P-166.  I have over 250-300 filters set up.  I
>and I have over 290 meg in my mail folders, 4 accounts, and over 100 folders.  No slow down here.

Mike, AC8V

              \\|//
           (  o . o  )