Flaw In List Software

Paul Wiener pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 03 Jun 1999 15:43:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 03 Jun 1999 13:09:02 -0400, Bill McCarthy wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Jun 1999 23:53:57 -0700 (PDT), Paul Wiener wrote:
>
>>Why not just use "h.to=pmmail@rpglink.com"? That works for
>>both in and outbound PMMail-l messages.
>
>For the obvious reasons.  When BoB (anyone remember BoB?) cross emails
>to multiple PMM lists, for example, where it goes depends on filter
>order instead of from which list it came.  Reply-To works much better.

Thanks to you and Steve for pointing that out. I thought the list was
inserting its own address into the "To" field; however, my main point was
that "pmmail@rpglink.com" is a safe string to look for in the header when
filtering for this list. I like to keep my both my Tos and Froms for a list
or an individual in one folder, and that string works in both directions.

--
___________
Paul Wiener

paulish@paulish.com