Converting UltiMail Lite v2.10.004 -> PMMail/2 v2.00.1500

Ralph Cohen pmmail-l@musthave.com
Sat, 05 Jun 1999 22:04:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 05 Jun 1999 23:03:29 +0200 (CDT), Erik Bracke wrote:

>Looking for a e-mail file converter UM v2.10.004 to PMMail/2 v2.00.1500. My
>addresbook has already been transferred; the problem concerns the e-mails.
>The converter offered from the Third Party Utilities of SouthSoft webpage doesnot work
>(Ike says the file format of PMMail has changed since the util was made) and hobbes
>PMMail directory doesnot seem to offer help as well.
>Has anybody before done this job or has an idea how to do this? Anybody seen a
>converter on any of the other software repositories?

Although it's a crude solution, you could send (bounce) the mail to
yourself from UM and retrieve it using PMMail.  This process will alter
the message headers and may not transfer attachments but the body of
the messages will be intact.  If you pre-sort the messages before
sending them and send them in batches, then you can overcome some of
the shortcomings and manually deposit the mail into the correct folders
as you retrieve them.

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com