PMMail 2.00.015 - Automatic To: field completion

Brian Morrison pmmail-l@musthave.com
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 14:11:44 +0100

On Mon, 07 Jun 1999 09:05:49 -0400 (EDT), Frank Bures wrote:

>I would appreciate an advice on the following:
>
>When I start typing and address in the 'To:' field in the New Message
>window, PMMail tries to complete the address for me from a list of recently
>used addresses or from the Address Book.  This is extremely annoying
>feature mainly because the thing does not keep up with my typing, so that
>the result is usually a terribly mistyped address.  I have to go back and
>fight my way through the unwanted prompts and typos several times.

Why do you get typos? I find that the auto address simply matches up to
the characters I have already typed, once I type another character it
clears or changes. That is using a P233MMX, so it isn't a speedy
machine as such.

>Is there any way how to switch this OFF?

Don't know, but it could be mentioned on the beta list I suppose.

>BTW, I wrote to the authors of the program, but there was no response.

You could try again, they have just moved from Ohio to Washington state
so there's been a bit of an upheaval.

 'The village populace is jumpin' on faces, catchin' the javelin,
 Headin' the shot.' [FX: wet thud - "Oooo.."]