PMMail 2.00.015 - Automatic To: field completion

Frank Bures pmmail-l@musthave.com
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 11:19:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 07 Jun 1999 07:39:47 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Jun 1999 14:11:44 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:
>
>>Why do you get typos? I find that the auto address simply matches up to
>>the characters I have already typed, once I type another character it
>>clears or changes. That is using a P233MMX, so it isn't a speedy
>>machine as such.
>
>    Brian.  A P233MMX *is* a speedy machine.  The machine I was running the
>list off for that one day, which was handling it nicely, was a 486DX4-100.
>don't know why people think that anything less than 1-2 generations off the
>top of the line isn't "speedy."  Aside from games and server work in small
>ISP high end CPUs are just a marketing ploy.  :)
>
>    As for his problem, I've seen it as well.  What happens is that you'll
>type, 2-3 characters, on the 2nd one it matches, on the 3 it displays but
the
>3rd is at the end and it doesn't erase.

That's exactly is the problem.  Thanks for reformulating it for me :-)

Actually, what happens sometime is, that the 3-rd character is placed inside
the displayed buffered address, so that one has to go back there and manually
edit the address.  The whole process is MUCH slower than if the whole address
would have to be typed in its entirety.

Frank Bures, Dept. of Chemistry, University of Toronto, M5S 3H6
fbures@chem.toronto.edu
http://frank.chem.utoronto.ca/electronics