Proper threading?

Dr. Martin R. Hadam Dr. Martin R. Hadam" <Hadam.Martin@MH-Hannover.de
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 13:38:10 +0100

On Tue, 08 Jun 1999 03:54:41 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>>I for one don't see a selection "new" in my folder settings' sort priority
>>listbox.
>
>    Well, then I wasn't looking at the box when I wrote that so it is going
>to be something like it.  What would cause "new" mail to be filtered.  "Read
>Status" perhaps?  We can't be exact all the time, so try to flow with it
>every once and a while, 'k?  :)

 Well, at times we need to be correct <bg>.

 Unfortunately "read status" is NOT "new". As I've outlined in another
email in this thread, "Read Status" is UNREAD, REPLIED-TO and SENT all
in one parameter.

 Which makes UNREAD mail go to the top (you are right here!) - yet it
*also* places SENT mail to the very *end* of the list and REPLIED-TO
second to last.

 Hence a single unique subject (thread) may appear in *four* different
places in a folder - i.e. at "unread" (fine), "no special status
assigned" (fine), "replied-to" (ridiculous) and "sent" (close to
ridiculous).

 In summary, having a true "NEW (only)" setting in the sort priority
listbox would be a real improvement over current sad state. That's also
the reason I stated the above in the first place.

 Again, I continue to be amazed why the zillions of beta-testers for
pmmail hanging out here haven't hammered on Southsoft to get this
changed (it was somewhat better with prior versions up to 1.9?)

 Martin R. Hadam
 Kinderklinik - Medizinische Hochschule
 D-30623 Hannover
 Germany