Proper threading?

Paul Hodges pmmail-l@musthave.com
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 16:22:02 +0100

On Tue, 08 Jun 1999 07:55:01 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>   Sort by received date, problem solved.

Well, NO!

What people want, and have always wanted, and have always said they
want is the ability to sort on whatever other parameters they choose
(to simulate threading) EXCEPT that all unread messages should appear
at the top.  Like, say, Pegasus Mail allows.

I know the OS/2 version allows you (at my request) to set up that the
Read Next button goes to the next unread.  That I prefer to the
sorting to the top method because you see the new message in its
"threaded" context, but (a) it isn't available in preview mode, and
(b) the current Windows version doesn't have it yet (you could maybe
indicate if the latest betas have it?)

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd