Proper threading?

Dr. Martin R. Hadam Dr. Martin R. Hadam" <Hadam.Martin@MH-Hannover.de
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 17:59:54 +0100

On Tue, 08 Jun 1999 16:22:02 +0100, Paul Hodges wrote:

>>   Sort by received date, problem solved.
>
>Well, NO!
>
>What people want, and have always wanted, and have always said they
>want is the ability to sort on whatever other parameters they choose
>(to simulate threading) EXCEPT that all unread messages should appear
>at the top.  Like, say, Pegasus Mail allows.

 Heartily agreed!!! This is the most "natural" way of keeping things -
have the new stuff right at hand and file all the rest sorted for
whatever criteria one prefers. I'm amazed why this is so difficult to
understand; even up to the refusal of looking how things really work.

 Sometimes I think the problem is the most outspoken beta testers who
just don't get it. Thus the problem never is presented to Southsoft in
the right way.

 Sorry if anyone feels offended.

 Martin R. Hadam
 Kinderklinik - Medizinische Hochschule