Proper threading?

Dr. Martin R. Hadam pmmail-l@musthave.com
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 18:53:20 +0100

On Tue, 08 Jun 1999 09:16:03 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>New mail, when received, is on the top.  I think you're missing that
>point.
>It is broken, I'm acknowledging that.  I'm also pointing out *WHY* it is
>broken and the best possible solution.  Yelling at me will solve nothing
>because a proper threading most likely will not come out in the next version,
>they can't fix how it is done currently without breaking compatibility (which
>they've said they won't do until the next *major* release) so you have a
>choice.

 sorry, you sound like the standard response from Southsoft - "it cant
be done, it breaks compatibility, wait for the next major release".

 Well - did you note that this was broken (or should I rather say ill
designed) well before the current *major* release? And none of the
beta-testers noted that?

 yet it's not been fixed in v2

 let me put it the more likely way - it was not changed because
outspoken people like you don't want/need it themselves and hence this
feature was not pushed or even turned down (like you do here) for other
stuff. New features and changes always need proponents on developments
like this. We are NOT talking about a technical limitation.

 Martin R. Hadam
 Kinderklinik - Medizinische Hochschule
 D-30623 Hannover
 Germany