FW: List returning to rpglink.com

Jessen, Per pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:09:32 +0100

[snip]

> >What do we class as sane and viable software ? I *might* be
> able to speak to
> >someone at sunsite.auc.dk.
>
>     Something whic allows the list to actually be
> administered from remote.
> I'd have to say almost certainly something unix based.  My
> preference would
> be, in order:
> Listar
> Listserv
> Majordomo
>
>     And I detest, with a passion, Majordomo.
>
>     "Administered from remote" means being able to at least
> add/remove people
> from the list from remote as a minimum.  Changing list
> configuration would be
> a pluss, but not required since, in theory, once the list is
> up and running
> only routine maintainence would be required, not changes in the
> configuration.

In that case perhaps we should discuss it with a sunsite. The software
is listserv (may vary depending on the site, though), and adding/removing
is done remotely.
The actual admin is the UNIX sysadmin, and I doubt if they allow
anyone else to touch anything.

I'll ask around and see what they say. Are we interested if they accept
the list ?

regards,
Per Jessen