Proper threading? (technical aspects)

Rodney R. Korte pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 15:53:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 21:33:58 +0100, Dr. Martin R. Hadam wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:36:34 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
[...]
>>    Threading is done by matching the "In-Reply-To" line's MSGID with the
[...]
>>    PMMail does not do this.
>
> You are correct noting that I've been using sloppy terminology and I
>appreciate your well thought explanation for the dummies. However, from
>the context of the ongoing discussion it was more than obvious that I
>was referring to "Sort settings" throughout my email (with the one
>exception of a quotation). Hence do a mental "search and replace" and
>cut down half of your response as irrelevant.
[...]

O.K. people.  I don't know about Dr. Hadam, but I know that Mr. Lamb
has been around the Internet block enough times to know that noone EVER
wins this sort of argument (much less almost any other kind of serious
disagreement).

Please spare the us the next round of "No, you said then I said" by going
to private mail (even though Steve now has official control of the list :-).

Thanks,

Rodney
--
Rodney R. Korte                   OS/2. Operate at a higher level.
rkorte@psu.edu                 ---> MIME, PGP (at URL below) welcome.