Proper threading? (technical spects)

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:49:24 -0700

On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 03:57:45PM -0700, Steve Wendt wrote:
> Why???  Just release updates to both at the same time.

    Because they do not currently develop the two code bases at the same time.

> >    Concurrant releases of PMMail(win) and PMMail/2 which is, as I stated,
> >slated for the next major version.

> Exactly... :)

    Right, the next major version which is going to be a near total rewrite
anyway to incorporate new features easily, sync up the code bases, make the
code base more portable for current and future platforms.

    In short, they way to get around the compatibility issue is concurrant
releases.  Concurrant releases won't come around until the next major release
(last I heard from Southsoft).  The next major release will require the very
functions that we're debating.  In short, the whole debate is moot because of
it.

    So it all comes down to, do we leave it the way it is, and has been for
years and have Southsoft start on the next major release sooner, or fix it for
a minor few and delay that major release even more?  I opt for the latter.

> >the product before IMAP.  I've been pushing for IMAP for, what, 3+ years
> >now.

> Please continue this, please... :)

    I intend to.  Either until something better comes along (doubtful) or it
happens.  Mmmm, or until Bob filters me out of his email.  That could happen,
too, I guess.