PMMail won't connect to this ISP's servers

Paul Wiener pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 18:42:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 20 Jun 1999 01:36:41 +0100, David Gaskill wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Jun 1999 16:45:02 -0700 (PDT), Paul Wiener wrote:
>
>>Glad to try it for you with PMMail/2.01.0411
>

>Paul,
>
>Thanks for the offer but Peter Lindeman has already tried it out for me on PMmail
>98 and he >can connect ! How can it be that I have no trouble in connecting any
>other ISP I have ever tried >using PMmail but not this one yet Peter can connect?
>Never did understand these computer >thingies ...

While you're in a session in which PMMail reports "Could not resolve POP
hostname"
or "Could not resolve  SMTP hostname," can you run an nslookup or a
traceroute or a ping from another Window (possibly from a telnet session)?
(BTW, some mail servers won't respond to ping but yours does--I tried it.)

Are you sure you have the PMMail account set up right on the send and receive
pages? Have you tried (just as an experiment) entering IP addresses instead
of host names for the pop and smtp servers? The ip addresses for you pop and
smtp hosts are both 194.75.152.209.
--
"Paul Wiener" <paulish@paulish.com>