IMAP?

Dick Reeser pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 05:44:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:42:13 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:

>Is there any OS/2 mail client apart from the mail component of Netscape
>that supports IMAP? I don't recall one.

I'm looking at Emerald Mail.  It's a java mailer that looks quite a
bit like PMMail/2.  I found it at BMT Micro.  It has IMAP4 as well as
POP3 for incoming mail.

There are a couple of things I don't like about it but many I do.
Among the things I don't like: the mouse pointer, once its been in an
edit field, never changes back to a pointer.  The things I like most
are its PMMail look and the fact it's java, which means I'll get the
updates right along with everyone else.  These observations are based
on about 10 minutes playing with it - so far.

I'm hoping for IMAP in PMMail.  Been using it for a long time and
like it.  If it looks like it may come in a reasonable amount of
time, I will probably just tough it out with NS while I wait.

Dick Reeser
Logan, Iowa, USA

Ten Bears:  	"It is sad that governments are
		chiefed by the double tongues."