IMAP?

Norm pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 02:38:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 22:05:48 -0700, Marty Abrego wrote:

>>Is this then the default protocol that Exchange Server uses ? At
>>my work we have an Exchange server running (argh) and Outlook98 is
>>horrible. PMMail98 can be used but only with SMTP/POP. It is very handy
>>in a network to keep all mail on the server.
>
>I've been trying for a while to get EVIL Exchange to work with PM
>Mail.  Unfortunately, EE uses MAPI (a M$-proprietary protocol) -- not
>IMAP (an open standards protocol).

     Although it's not the default Exchange _can_ be configured to
accept POP3/SMTP access too.  You'll have to ask whoever's
administrating the server to enable it for you.

--
 ...Cheers,

 ...Norm

* Brought to you by OS/2 Warp v4.0 and PMMail *
* For a copy of my PGP key send me a message  *
* with "send pub_key" in the subject          *