Printing in PMMAIL/2

Robert M. Riddle pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:14:01 -0500 (CDT)

I get the little black boxes (lbb) with a LaserJet 6Lxi but not on a 4plus.  On
another machine I do not get the lbb's with a LaserJet III or with a LexiJet 5700.
PMMAIL is the ONLY program that I run that has a printing problem.  This
problem has to be in PMMAIL.

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:41:35 -0400 (EDT), Stephen Eickhoff wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:58:49 +0200 (MEST), Joachim F. Selinger wrote:

>>> PMM/2 uses installed OS/2 printers. Problems with other apps? Maybe fonts
>>> and/or character set selected? I'm not experiencing any problems with OS/2
>>> HP Laserjet driver and PMM/2 v2.00.1500.
>>
>>Hi Kris and Steven,
>>
>>I still have the black boxes and I'm running the above setup. I already
>>got a version from Southside, but that didn't help at all. So I'm still
>>waiting for the next release so that I can print out mails again....
>>
>>I wonder in which respect your system is different than mine, Kris? I
>>have an  HP LJ 4L.
>
>Try going into the printer properties and turning off "fast system fonts". That
fixed my problem
>where I had missing characters or italics. Unfortunately, the poor slow 68000
processor in my
>old Series II takes quite a bit longer to print multiple pages now.
>----------------------------------
>         Stephen Eickhoff
>          Havertown, PA

riddlrm@hal-pc.org                              icq#4255246
Robert M. Riddle, PhD
Houston, TX

Please transmit documents in a non-proprietary format; e.g., ascii, html or pdf, rtf.

First there is temptation, then there is toleration and then there is approval.
First its name is euphemized, then it is avoided and finally it is forgotten.
What is it?