Double Byte -- Also, PMMAIL2

Norm pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:25:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 05:58:02 -0500 (CDT), John Thompson wrote:

>>>Yes, it is frustrating.  But since the problem only seems to occur with
>>>PMMAIL, it is difficult to escape the conclusion that the cause of the
>>>problem is also with PMMAIL.
>
>>     Not necessarily.  The problem is that both the 'enhancer' and
>>PMMail are trying to trap the same RMB event.  This is bound to cause
>>problems, but since most of these 'enhancers' allow you to add specific
>>apps to their 'exclusion list' it's best to add PMMail (and any other
>>app that requires exclusive access to a RMB event) to this list.-
>
>Well, it's the "MIDDLE" mouse button that I have defined as a double-left
>click that does it to PMMAIL here.  AFAIK, PMMAIL doesn't really use the
>middle button for anything, so your explanation wouldn't apply.   And the
>mddle mouse button works fine as a "double click" everywhere *EXCEPT* in
>PMMAIL, where it causes CPU usage to jump to 100% and bogs down the whole
>machine until/unless I can kill PMMAIL.

     Does a 'regular' double-left click (using the LMB) cause the same
results??  If not there's obviously something different going on when
you use the MMB.  It's difficult to say exactly what's different
(timing??), but obviously PMMail is sensitive to it.

>And the only program I know that has an "exclusion list" is X-it, which is
>a nice program but 99% of the features I don't use so I didn't really want
>to register it.  But I suppose I may have to...

     I didn't say *ALL* do, just that most of the ones I've tried do
allow you to exclude specific programs.

--
 ...Cheers,

 ...Norm

* Brought to you by OS/2 Warp v4.0 and PMMail *
* For a copy of my PGP key send me a message  *
* with "send pub_key" in the subject          *