Splitting out PMMail

Darren V. Croft pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:43:42 -0600

>    Completely different.  There is no internal editor at all.  It uses an
>external editor and basically uses the existing external editor dialog.  Then
>they just bundle some editor with PMMail to fill the role.

I don't know how to embed an external application within my own app's
dialog. As far as I know it can only be done with open doc, java, or
something similar..... I guess Netscape has some kind of hook they
provide that third party vendors can write to to embed viewers within
Netscape, but then you need other vendors to do the work as well.

...Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Are you talking about them using the
source of someone else's editor, and then compiling that within pmmail
so the editor becomes internal to PMMail, but is third party code
embedded in? This wouldn't really be external and wouldn't be
interchangeable, but might allow them to add extra features with less
work.