pgp

james PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:51:58 -0800

On Tue, 02 Mar 1999 17:35:43 -0500, Bill McCarthy wrote:

>On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:41:38 -0800, james wrote:
>
>>Anobody have a method to add a pgp public to my keyring when sent as a
>>.asc file?
>
>Set up an email to yourself with the subject of your choice.  Include
>(ALT-I) the .asc file.  When you receive the email, the PGP key will be
>in the attachment area.  Clicking it will add it to your ring.
>
>Bill

I originally received the file as an attached .asc file. clicking on it didn't work. Nor did tools,add to keyring. I
got a no key found message when I tried that. I have tried renaming the file to public key.pgp, and mailing to
myself, but this does not work either.

I guess this is a request for key management in the next version of pmmail....

James King