pgp

dodger PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:15:52 -0800

>>Set up an email to yourself with the subject of your choice.  Include
>>(ALT-I) the .asc file.  When you receive the email, the PGP key will be
>>in the attachment area.  Clicking it will add it to your ring.
>
>I originally received the file as an attached .asc file. clicking
>on it didn't work. Nor did tools,add to keyring. I got a no key
>found message when I tried that. I have tried renaming the file
>to public key.pgp, and mailing to myself, but this does not work
>either.
>
>I guess this is a request for key management in the next version
>of pmmail....

Have you tried Kelly's suggestion (getting PGP 6.0.2) yet?  It sounds like you may have an
unrecognizable key.  Trying to access it with PGP proper will help determine whether or not the
key is valid.

I know, for instance, that I get the same message when I try to add a GPG public key.  The file
is recognized as a key by both PGP (ver 5.5) and PMMail, but when they (either one) tries to
actually do something with it (such as adding it to the keyring), I get "no key found".

- Shawn

dodger@softhome.net
http://www.southern.eskimo.net/dodger/

"[The Nevada Boxing Commission] has declared [Mike Tyson]
mentally fit to beat the crap out of other men."     - David Letterman