Some questions and considerations about PMMAIL and PMMAIL98

Vinícius Provenzano PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 18:19:21 -0300

Hello All!

I am using PMMAIL 98 as a registered user, and i've some considerations and questions about it.

I would say I liked PMMAIL since it's os/2 version because it runs fast is light and in my point of view very user friendly. I
loved the idea of sharing my e-mails in both systems, even if nowadays i work in a Windows98 only machine. A new hard
disk would bring my OS/2 back to my pc, but Brazil is not in  financial good wealth, and neather do I! :) I waited until now
to ask questions because i never had ONE big problem with the software...But now i had a good number of questions to
ask you, even if i can use PMMAIL with no big disturb. So let's go to the questions time! But remember all the questions
are refered to the PMMAIL98 program as OS/2 is not on my machine just now.

1) I have 1 account at the university, 4 accounts my own my provider gave me, and one more account just to
professional meanings. I had a not very complex filtering system but it will be quite anoying to re-configure it all to all the 6
accounts. I've 18 simple filters..I have no complex filters just because i never asked myself how it works, and if you can
maybe teach me it can be usefull :) ... well, how just to copy the filters settings to all my accounts (and maybe all the
folders i created as well to the main account) to save me time?

2) Sometimes i have to travel and when i come back some acconts have lot of mail! Like 6500 mail messages...
Pmmail98 gets them but do not delete it from the server even if it is setted to delete them. I think it's a bug. When that
happens i configure netscape mail to pick these mails and delete them from the server. When i have less messages in
the server PMMAIL start to delete them again. Think about how frustrating it is to get my mail with netscape having no
filters to separete the dozen lists i'm signed on!!! Have someone experienced the same?

3) Some times when i run PMMAIL the preview do not show up...I don't know why that happens...I close PMMAIL98
and open it again and the preview shows up... Something wrong with my configuration? Maybe some mutation? :)

4) I forgot a password of one of my acconuts. I just created a new account and i've configurated it as the old one. Now i
get my mail on this new one and i retain as lost all mail i had on the other one. Is there some way to open it? Or maybe
just to delete it with no harm to the PMMAIL program?

5)I've been trying opera for some months...Now when i get an URL i can't access it directly with Netscape...How can i
set up PMMAIL to recognize Netscape as my default mail browser again? And is there some way to Netscape use
PMMAIL as my default e-mail client? Opera did it... But as I said i am under a finantial crisis! :)

6) HTML mail is not my choose. i prefer write and read in ascii...But some times i get some HTML messages and some of
them PMMAIL do not recognize. Is it a bug of PMMAIL or bad HTML pages? Not i can't read the messages but they
appear in strange ways and it's very unconfortable to read.

7)In Brazil we speak portuguese, a language with lots of accents. I receive mail also in french and italian, and some
times i have problems with these accents. Friends told me to use Latin 1... It solved the problem with 80% of the
messages, but others still appear with problems (eg. Le monde diplomatique mailing list). There is some way to solve the
problem or I just have to pray? :)))

8) Is there some filtering priority up-down? I never noticed, maybe you now...

9) I could never understand how to integrat my PMMAIL with PGP...I never understood PGP pretty well... Can you help
me understand it and it's interaction with PMMAIL?

Well these are my questions. Please if you can reply to the list but also to my personal e-mail i would be glad!  :)

Thank you,

Vinicius Provenzano