copying addresses

dodger PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 09:58:46 -0800

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999 14:51:03 -0500, Bob Lockie wrote:

>Copying address to the clipboard is sometimes pointless.
>
>If a message come in.
>Highlighting the from address and copying it to the clipboard copies without quotes: last, first
<email>.

>Replying:
>RMB clicking on the to address and copying it to the clipboard copies (with quotes): "last,
first" <email>.

>The 2nd is useful but the first way doesn't parse correctly (because the quotes are missing)
>when the address is pasted in a new message.

How so?  When you refer to "parsing" I envision that you may be pasting the address into the
message itself and expecting an external program to be able to locate/identify the address.

On the flip side, copying to the address to the clipboard and then pasting it into the To: field
works just fine under PMMail98, even without the quotes.  Once you hit enter (or click the
<enter> arrow), the quotes are automatically added before the address is put into the list.

- Shawn

dodger@softhome.net
http://www.southern.eskimo.net/dodger/

"[The Nevada Boxing Commission] has declared [Mike Tyson]
mentally fit to beat the crap out of other men."     - David Letterman