PMMail for multiple users?

Steven Tryon PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:44:18 -0500

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:57:15 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    Backup all folders every day.
>
>    There really is only two options for this.  Either IMAP (which PMMail
>does not yet support) or physically move the files.  Currently, I've been
>doing the latter for over a year now.  First on floppy, then on a ZIP disk.
>If I had IDE ZIP on both sides I'd just run PMMail from the ZIP disk and be
>done with it (third option, I guess).  Two batch files, a good archiver and
>it really isn't all that bad.

One of the simplest and most useful batch files I have ever written is
z.cmd:

if exist %1.zip erase %1.zip
d:\util\os2\zip -r %1.zip %1

I use it for this sort of thing constantly.  It zips a directoyr
structure to a zip file of the same name.  Also works great for
transferring long names between OS/2 and Win.95.

Steve
Steven Tryon                        285 Shaftsbury Road
stryon@ibm.net                      Rochester, NY 14610
For PGP key send email with subject 'stryon public key'