Fwd: Reducing disk usage?

Lance Hegamin PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:23:31 -0800

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:59:14 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 06:02:08 -0800, Lance Hegamin wrote:
>
>>My feelings exactly (unfortunately).  And the same thing comes to mind
>>when my BBS callers start enthusing about Linux.  I wonder what they
>>plan to run on it?
>
>    Why not jump on Yahoo and take a look.  Corel plans to port all their
>apps to Linux eventually.  You know Corel, right?  :)  Word Perfect 8

Huh?  W(im)P?  If it is as arrogant as the DOS version, no thanks.

is
>already ported to Linux, Linux has several applications of its own (Star
>Office, Applix, Gimp) which are on par with the Win* crowd, etc.

Could be, but that doesn't help if my office uses Windoze, and I have
to be compatible!

Instead of
>shunning it, why not educate yourself?

There is not enough time in the world, AFAIAC, to learn all these
different programs.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  I'd rather spend
my time doing something useful as opposed to learning new programs to
replace something I already has that works!

L G Hegamin
(LHegamin@mediaone.net)