Fwd: Reducing disk usage?

Lance Hegamin PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:30:19 -0800

>>My feelings exactly (unfortunately).  And the same thing comes to mind
>>when my BBS callers start enthusing about Linux.  I wonder what they
>>plan to run on it?
>
>Real software... That works!  And that rules out entirely the whole Windows
>95/98 platform.

There's always the MAC,  but I don't know what you'd do for
compatibility!

 Windows 95/98 is not a serious operating system, it's an
>end-user, in the home operating system.  And that is even more frightening!

Could be, but the last time I looked, I didn't have any control over
what software the companies I work for install.  I tried OS/2, but
absolutely no support.  And I couldn't run the same software everyone
else was running.  Half the time I couldn't properly read Word
documents as the rest of the world had a different version of Word than
what was on my OS/2 box, and if they didn't remember to save the doc in
the right format, I was SOL.  And vice versa.

I say again:

>>"It doesn't have to be good, it just has to be ubiquitous"

L G Hegamin
(LHegamin@mediaone.net)