Sync with laptop

Alexander Wagner PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 15:27:40 +0100

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999 13:36:55 -0800, James King wrote:

Hi!

>Anyone have a method to sync the PMmail messages between my laptop and
desktop?

I use nsync for that. Small program by IBM which is commandline driven and
syncs files in folders (it's for OS/2 but might be familymode cause it's
rather old so it could be that it runs on DOS9x as well). First of all my
server get's all mails using fetchmail the laptop is configured to leave mail
on server. For sync I connect my notebook to my home network and simply sync
between the server-directory and the notebookdirectory. (That is
Z:\pmmail\accounts which is userdir on the WarpServer with
F:\pmmail\accounts). Works well...

Other idea would be to simply copy all files from desktop to the laptop, but
on large mailbases this could be very timeconsuming.
--

CU/2                    ((  Proud to be member of Team OS/2 Europe #294
Alexander Wagner         )) RTV Franken