problem was: (null)

Robb Selby PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Mon, 3 May 1999 13:53:35 -0500

On Mon, 3 May 1999 00:19:00 -0700, Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:59:33 +0200, Alexander Sarras wrote:
>
>>> 2. Manually edit the subject of each message in that special folder.
>>HOW?
>>SaS
>
>You can use the System Editor to add a subject line then resave the
>message. You can automate this somewhat with a Rexx script and a manual
>filter. Here is one option:
>Manual filter-
>Search: <header>
>For: SMTP
>Action: Rexx Exit (foreground)  --> <path to Rexx script>

This works fine for putting in a subject, the only problem is you don't
see the subject in the preview pane or list of messages, it stays (null),
the subject appears when you open up the message.  Reindexing doesn't
help.  The problem is that the .BAG file for that folder doesn't get
updated with a subject for that message.  It even doesn't work to move
the message to another folder as I believe the BAG file is what is used
when moving the message, since it is what has the filename of the
message.
Dreams are extremely important.  You can't do it unless you imagine it.
Robb Selby              \\\\\\\                Oooo
robbselby@earthlink.net ( o o )           oooO(    )