Wave files

Stephen Berg pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 21:48:57 -0600

I've set up a couple of filters that will play a wave file so when I
get mail from certain friends I'll know it's there even if I'm not
paying attention.  The problem is I also have a wave file play once a
download of new mail is complete.  Sometimes the two wave files fight
each other, so I'll get a split second of a friends wave file and
then the normal wave overrides it.

Is there any way by script or something to pause things so the first
wave file will have time to play completely.  Both waves are only a
second or two in length.

This obviously isn't a big deal, just a minor annoyance.  I've
thought of using a script with a timed pause but I don't know of a
batch command for NT that will pause for a certain period of time in
the same way that a UNIX "sleep" command will.

                            Stephen Berg
//-    USAF Instructor  -/-  Reluctant NT User -/- Web Designer    -//
//-                 Home = sberg@pangaealink.com                   -//
//-               Work = berg.stephen@keesler.af.mil               -//
//-     http://iceberg.3c0x1.com/   -/-   http://www.3c0x1.com     -//