Unable to create a key

Clint pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 16:11:01 -0500

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:02:20 -0500, John Green wrote:

>I have a (registered) version of PMMail Pro and I attempted to create a
>PGP key today (haven't been using one up to now) and whenever I try to
>generate a new key, I get a simple error stating "bad parameters". This
>happens regardless of what size key I pick or what I use as a
>passphrase.
>
>FWIW, my system specs are:
>
>PII 300 w/256 megs RAM
>Windows NT4SP4
>Matrox Millenium II AGP vid card
>Scads of HD space

It's a bug. I have reported it to the authors and they are looking into it. I found that the
problem is that PMMail Pro will not create a keyrings from scratch but will use public and
secret keyrings you may have from elsewhere. The work around is to create the keyrings
with any other PGP program and then point PMMail (PMMail/Properties) to those
keyrings. You can then use PMMail Pro to add new keys to these keyrings.

Clint