The Great "Hard Return" Debate

Alexander Sarras pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 22:27:31 +0100 (MEZ)

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:44:32 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

> Wednesday, November 03, 1999, 12:36:36 PM, Alexander wrote:
> > Now anybody can send me a msg without hard returns and linelenghts over 500 chars, that'l warrant an
automated
> > reply containing a couple of coredumps ;->
>
>     Coredumps are small.  Just split up something like the demo for Kingpin
> (100Mb).  Then at least you can claim it being a mistake attachment you were
> sending a friend... honest.  ;)

DEC-Unix TrueCluster on two concurrently running alphas plus half a dozen attached machines, gives a core dump
about 60megs if you make it right. Can be attributed to an error in procmail ;-) and since I use a dual stage filter that
gives me 2 times 64 megs, now I'm mean and have it ascii-armourd by pgp and split into handy 1 meg chunks, so
that the recipients mailer won't bounce it.

And it's all _not my fault_ !!

What you'd say about size....
SaS
--