The Great "Hard Return" Debate

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 05 Nov 1999 12:44:52

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999 20:19:32 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    vim is a kick ass text editor.  *NO* mail editor will ever come up to the
>standard set by vim when it comes to editing mail.  Why?  Mail is text and vim
>excels at editing text.  That is all it does.  That is all it needs to do.

Following your recommendation I did a search for it and found lots of sites from which it
could be downloaded. Unfortunately it seems to comes in a form which is known in the
automobile industry as CKD (Completely Knocked Down) - that is you simply get the
parts to build the thing.

I read the readme that comes with one of these boxes of bits with almost total
incomprehension - seems as if  building a space shuttle would be easier.

Is there anywhere I can download a version of the thing that is already bolted together so
that I can simply install it and run it on NT?

David