Netscape hooker?

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 12:49:00 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:58:51 -0500 (EST), Ray wrote:

>(Trevor --)
>
>There's been a bit of discussion about using PMMail/2 to supplant the
>Netscape mailer for "mailto:" links -- today Mike Kaply posted a
>little note on comp.os.os2.apps that points out a how-to he'd put on
>Steve Wendt's Comm/2 page -- it's at the bottom:
>
>  http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Communicator.html
>
>Sez Mike: "If the PMMAIL folks want to use it, they can integrate
>easily."
>

>-Ray Tennenbaum

Hello all.

Ray I had a look at Steve's lovely page, picked up some nice tips but
I couldn't figure out what you mean.

Here's what I found:

[Quote]
To hook an external mail program into Communicator, you need to
download the API. Add the necessary code for your mail
  program, and compile it with VisualAge C++. Then add the following
lines to your prefs.js:

  user_pref("mail.use_altmail", true);
  user_pref("mail.altmail_dll", "NSMAPI32.DLL");
[/Quote]

Does this API actually do the job or should I refer to a PMMail API?

The POTENTIAL IS WONDERFUL but the implementation is still obscure to
me.

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG