Replication of HTML email messages

Bill McCarthy pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 22:28:35 -0500

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:56:06 -0500, Steven Hollar wrote:

>Has anyone else seen messages written in html being duplicated each
>time pmmail starts?
>
>I've got 2 messages that were sent to me that I keep in my inbox,
>(oops, just checked and it appears they don't have to be in the inbox),
>PMMail opens to this account.  These messages replicate each time I
>close and open PMMail.  Don't know if its the message content or just
>the html itself that causes the problem, but when I move the original
>message, each replicated messages displays the following:
>
>"PMMail 2000 could not open the file: ...\INBOX.FLD\FL0A8R0.MSG.
>
>It is possible that the file still exists and PMMail 2000 has just lost
>track of it.  If you wish, re-index the folder and then try to utilize
>the message again."
>
>Anyone else has seen this behavior?

Yes.

I had a 400k html email that seemed to duplicate itself each time I
started.  I deleted a one of them and the others couldn't find the
file.

I copied it from my Deleted folder to the folder where it was and
shutdown PMM.  On restart it duplicated again.

Looking at the bag, I noticed that PMM had split the entry onto 2
lines.  All other entries are on a single line.  Something is broken
here.

Bill