Another suggestion for next release

Paul Hodges pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 09:45:51 +0100

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999 18:23:44 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>  While there is not
>  a client like PMMail on Linux (trust me, I've argued the point to death every
>  ~3 months for the past 2 years now)

If you count Java email clients, there is a choice of two (that I
know of) which are not so far from PMMail in functionality, and might
meet some people's requirements on Linux:

JStreet Mailer from Innoval. Innoval have recently dropped this
product, and have made it available free (for now) - it can be picked
up from http://stores.yahoo.com/innoval.  But someone has decompiled
it and is producing a series of bug fixes, speedups and improvements
which can be found at http://paul.vanKeep.com/jstreet/.  The
filtering isn't as powerful as PMMail, but it does IMAP, and personas
(signatures, etc) can be automatically linked to destination address.
 Handling of non-ascii characters is currently laughable, but I hope
that will be addressed in time.

Emerald Mail (commercial) from  http://www.maccasoft.com/emerald/.

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd