Another suggestion for next release

Brent pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 02 Oct 1999 14:00:28 -0700

Steve Lamb wrote:

>     If I were to go out on a limb and make a prediction on what would happen,
> this is it.  PMMail gets ported to Linux.  There would be an initial rush by
> PMMail loyalists who are already using Linux to register.  Within 3-4 months
> the current batch of QT/GTK clients would start to exihibit the features of
> PMMail.  Within 8-12 months they would be at a level comparable, if not
> beyond, PMMail.  From that point out sales would be lackluster because PMMail
> would be competing with rivals which are just as good as, if not better than
> it but had the very attractive cost of $0.
>
>     PMMail on Linux would serve as a turning point to finally wake up the open
> source community to the shortcomings of the current mail system, nothing more.
> I don't consider that something that is commercially viable to do.

Steve,
I am a registered user of both PMMail and PMINEWS for OS/2. I now use Linux more
and more and I would support SouthSoft if they ported PMMail/PMINews to Linux. I
do not expect a free program. Yes there are some great free programs for Linux,
but I would Buy PMMail/PMINews for Linux. Bob & Ike need our support.

Brent