No September Release!

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 22:45:51 +0100

On Thu, 07 Oct 1999 16:17:30 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>In case you were wondering, it has been officially confirmed that the
>PMMail updates will *NOT* be released in September as had been
>previously stated.  Nevertheless, we are not without hope as I just
>received the following response to my inquiry to PMMail Support about
>when the releases might take place:
>
>> Sorry Ralph, I still don't have a fixed date.  All I know
>> is they will be out "soon".
>
>With that official word from Southsoft, we may want to consider setting
>up a betting pool for everyone submit their best guess for the actual
>release date.

"Soon" means when B & I have got some spare time to indulge their hobby;
PMmail can be no more than that because it certainly can't earn any significant
revenue for them. These days you can't make money writing mail clients for  *any*
operating system.

"Soon" doesn't encompass "never" but I suppose it can tend towards it ...

David