trahing loop

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 08 Oct 1999 17:19:42 +0100

On Fri, 08 Oct 1999 12:06:50 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>On Fri, 08 Oct 1999 12:27:40 -0400, Jim Nuytens wrote:
>
>>Just so happens that I'm running the same combination and I've never
>>seen that kind of behaviour.
>>
>>Also running Warp 4 at FP11 and 128 RAM.
>>
>>On Fri, 08 Oct 1999 13:02:14 +0200, Lars Hofstad wrote:
>>
>>>Just a question to the users of pmmail (os/2 version)
>>>Have anyone noticed an odd behaviour when opening an unread message in the inbox under the
>>>following circumstances:
>>>-inbox is full of read messages + 1 new
>>>-the cpu is operating at 100% (running seti@home)
>>>

>Nope, it hasn't happened here either although I'm only running FP10.

I too have FP10, the latest beta builds of PMMail/2 and run the d.net
RC5-64 client that uses all the CPU it can get its grubby little
instructions into.

I have never seen this happen, but since v2.0 was releases it is
possible that the filter builder code was accidentally invoked and it
happened to go into a loop when this occurred.

I really doubt that this is other than a one off.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails