Money Talks?

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 09 Oct 1999 00:35:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 09 Oct 1999 02:56:08 -0400, Jim Nuytens wrote:

>Well, Ralph, that's a start. I own only the OS/2 version, but I'm
>willing to put up $40 just for that.

Thanks, Jim.

>I'm constantly amazed at the OS/2 community. They cry & moan about not
>having this or that, but (in some cases) won't put their money where
>their mouth is. By that I mean that they seem to be under the illusion
>that they should pay the same amount for OS/2 programs as Windoze users
>do for theirs. That attitude would be fine if the numbers of OS/2 users
>where even close to Windoze users. They're not.

You're absolutely right.  I've read many a clueless comment complaining
about the price differential between programs like the RSJ CDWriter for
OS/2 and Windows versions.  Quite frankly, if a high quality program
like RSJ hadn't been available on the OS/2 platform one of the OS/2
machines in my office would now be running a Windows variant.  Being
able to continue to work under OS/2 has been more than worth the price
difference for me.

Also, having great cross platform program like PMMail is major plus
worth paying extra for.  Being able to support my Win98 users with an
extremely versatile mail package that I'm already familiar with is a
tremendous advantage.

>We're not talking about the Linux community here. If free is what you
>want, then I suggest you change platforms now. OS/2 ain't a free lunch;
>it never was.

I saw a great quote of a comment attributed to Timur Tabi recently
which said: "Linux is only free if your time is worth nothing "

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com