The 5th PMMail 'Money Talks' Release-the-Damn-Updates-Already Tally Sheet

Anders Gjerløv pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:56:04 +0200

>True, but suppose there are even 10 times more people...  That is
>still only roughly month's worth of expenses for one person.  That
>probably isn't even worth it- though we are getting closer.
Especially if the product is "almost there. . ." ;o) If so, then it
makes sense to release it, and get this last amount of money.

>If it is ready, I'd agree about releasing it.  And it would be nice
>to have some word one way or another.  But hey, this is business.
>In business you just don't go around making solid statements...
Well - not in the software industry anyway. Unfortunatly!

>Upgrades can't keep you alive forever,
Unless you're Microsoft ;o)

>and not everyone is buying
>them.  Heck, I've seen people just recently still using version 1.51.
Which is ok. If people find that it does what they need - then why
upgrade. I know several people - actually MANY people, that still use
WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS for all their word processing. It works. It's
fast. It'll run on everything. It NEVER crashes. Why bother upgrading,
to an enourmous program, that gives them nothing they want? I
personally would only ever upgrade, if I saw a reason to. Often I
don't. With PMMail I do. There are new features, that I would like -
therefore I want a new (and last) version. (also read my other mail)

>Many people are putting unrealistic expectations on SouthSoft to
>produce software.
True. But Southsoft should also realize this - release this final
version, and get on with their lives. If they can get 1000$ for doing
this _now_ (maybe more), then go for it.

>Sorry, that's reality.
Don't be sorry. You're just stating the obvious.

Regards,
Anders