Response from Southsoft to Voluntary Initiative to Pay for "Free" Updates to PMMail

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:02:44 -0400 (EDT)

I just received the following response from PMMail Support to the
message sent to them this morning regarding the pledge efforts to get
the updates released!

Ralph
rpcohen@neurotron.com
>From: "PMMail Windows Support" <pmmailwin@southsoft.com>
>To: "Ralph Cohen" <rpcohen@neurotron.com>
>Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:45:43 -0400
>Subject: Re: Voluntary Initiative to Pay for "Free" Updates to PMMail

>As you know from my earlier correspondence with you both, there is
>tremendous interest on the part of the members of the unofficial PMMail
>mailing list about the release of the updates for PMMail/2 and PMMail
>98 which have been promised since January.

I have seen the list 100+ right now in my box.  I haven't had a chance
ro
read any yet.  I know I told people 9/15 and that is what was expected
and believed to be at the time.  You know how things go and so it was
delayed.  All I can say know is 'very soon' instead of 'soon'.  I know
you
have heard this before, so it carries little weight.

>On behalf of this group and all PMMail users, I ask that you notify Bob
>and Ike about this voluntary payment initiative and request their
>immediate response.

I'll let them know.

>There are still a lot of loyal PMMail users out
>here who are willing to put their money where their mouths are to
>demonstrate their continuing commitment to Southsoft and PMMail.  It is
>our hope that Bob and Ike will respect us and our commitment and
>release updates PMMail/2 and PMMail 98 as quickly as possible.

The beta testing group has still been active the whole time PMMail has
been
delayed, and  they have since caught and led to the fix of a few small
bugs/typos etc.  We have been busy this whole time.

>statement on the future direction of PMMail - if any - would also be
>appreciated by everyone.

I can't give an official statement, but will ask about one.

>P.S.  There has also been considerable interest express for a PMMail
>Linux client for which people have indicated they'd be willing to pay
>between $40 and $100.  There has never been any indication from
>Southsoft that they would produce Linux version of PMMail, but they
>should know that there are Linux users who recognize the insufficiency
>of current Linux email client and would willingly pay for a quality
>application like PMMail.

The Linux version is the most popular request I get here (well, right
behind
a confirmed date for the next release).  Right now there is nothing
planned
or in development at this time.  I am saving all the mails with
suggestions
and will one day soon go through it and try to edit it down to a list
with the
most popular at the top. Unless there are some strange changes in the
future emails the Linux one one will be number 1 on that list.

Thanks,

jimmy

Jimmy McCorquodale, Jr.

PMMail 2000 2.10.0434 Pro