[OT] List stats

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:55:58 -0700

    After a couple of months of operation I figured a few people on here would
be interested in some basic statistics on the list.  Today seems to be a good
day since the list has been active recently and I keep ~10 days of logs,
here's a basic indicator.

Exim statistics from 1999-10-01 07:36:48 to 1999-10-11 15:42:14

Grand total summary
-------------------
                                                       At least one address
  TOTAL               Volume    Messages    Hosts      Delayed       Failed
  Received              10MB        3610      135     117  3.2%     14  0.4%
  Delivered             57MB       26631      310

Deliveries by transport
-----------------------
                      Volume    Messages
  address_pipe         533KB         334
  local_delivery      9750KB        3202
  remote_smtp           47MB       23095

    pmmail@rpglink.com isn't the only address or list active on this machine
but it is the most active by far.  In the past 10 days my machine has taken in
10Mb of email and has spewed out 57Mb.  533Kb of that was to address_pipe
which translates into mailing lists.  local_delivery is mail that, for the
most part, is sent directly to me.  rempte_smtp are the outbound mailing list
messages, my outbound messages and so forth.

    Like I said, rough estimates of what is going on with the list, but I
assure you that the bulk of the address_pipe and remote_smtp traffic is the
list.  As you can tell from the staistics the list is holding a very healthy
volume.