Filter question

Darin McBride pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:04:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:13:50 -0400, Ken Diehl wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:56:20 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:
>
>>Pardon me if I'm being dense, but if you just sort using the From:
>>header, what you desire will happen anyway won't it? The recipients
>>will be in the To: or Cc: header and if you don't use that in the
>>filter the destination of the mail will be ignored.
>>

>To be brief I did not include all the possible senerios I might have so
>you're not being dense.  What you suggest is true but I want the mail
>that I send to an individual to be sorted to their folders also thus
>the inclusion of the To filter.  Maybe not the best way to organize
>mail but I have topics for which I want to keep all correspondance to
>that person in one place.

To be ... or not to .. um, nevermind.  Never was good at Shakespeare.
:-)

You need complex (ICSL) filters.

h.From="person1" |
(h.To="person1" & h.From="me")

I think that would be about right.  However, if you are *moving*, and
you are sending to more than one person, this would only move it to the
highest priority filter person.  What you'll want to do, if you want it
put in each person's folder, is *copy* the message.  Then have a
'delete' filter at the lowest priority which looks for ANY of the
people.

Is this more complicated than you wanted?  :-)