Bugs & Feature Status in Updates?

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 17:59:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999 12:09:40 -0500 (CDT), Hazen Woods wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Oct 1999 01:05:45 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:
>
>>>BUG 01:
>>>Stalled POP Retrievals - POP retrievals sometimes stall and when they
>>>do, PMMail should recognize the situation and cause a new Fetch cycle
>>>to run.
>

>>>BUG 03:
>>>Timed Fetch Failure - Sometimes PMMail stops fetching the mail at the
>>>prescribed timed intervals for no apparent reason.
>
>I see 01 and 03 as related.  I raised these points because on occassion
>PMMail/2 hangs with indication "Connecting to POP server" at one of its
>prescribed time intervals.  I had suggested that PMMail/2 should be able to
>recognize this and issue a new "Fetch" cycle and next interval.
>
>Having said all that, it still doesn't work that way.  : - (

BUG 03 hasn't happened to me yet with 2.10, although it happened  to me
only very rarely with 2.0.  BUG 01 is definitely still there and should
have been fixed a long time ago.  I hope PMMail's new management will
fix some of these critical long standing problems with PMMail/2.

Ralph
rpcohen@neurotron.com