Bugs & Feature Status in Updates?

Paul Hodges pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:07:56 +0100

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 15:44:48 -0500 (CDT), John Thompson wrote:

>  >According to Jeff Kobal (of IBM Netscape team), this is a bug in Gibbon DoubleClick
>  >and Warp Enhancer.  Styler/2 does not have this bug... :)

This also happens with MSE mouse enhancer.  The author debugged it
and produced a trace which he claimed showed that PMMail was breaking
PM rules; however Southsoft countered with a description of how it
was programmed and the claim that this did not break the PM rules.
The discussion stalled at this point, as both sides had stated
categorically that it was not their fault, even though they could see
the problem happening.

As MSE breaks nothing else and PMMail breaks nearly all
mouse-enhancers (X-it is OK, but only after being changed to handle
what PMMail does), you can see where I feel the problem would best be
fixed (no mention of blame, note!).

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd