(fwd) Re: PMMail2.1 & PGP (fwd)

Bruce Francis pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:49:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:50:01 -0700 (PDT), John M Price, PhD wrote:

>: How are you viewing the messages ?    I do not use the preview pane
>: window.   I have to click on the message to open it and when I do I
>: get  a message requesting my passphrase before the message opens.  If
>: the passphrase is correct, the message opens decrypted, if not correct
>: the message opens with encrypted text displayed.
>
>I added version 5, Geiger's compile, and it flat does not work.  I have
>tried opening a message, and it has hung the entire machine on the
>passphrase window.  (Previously, it was simply blank - manual gave me a
>'need newer version error.)  If I go to the folder where the message is,
>and run PGP (5.0) from the command line, it works fine.  I've not tried
>encryption.

I've been running Geiger's PGP v5 (OS/2) since (let me check) Nov 98
and it's been working fine ever since that time.  (I used Geiger's v2.6
before that, and it worked well also.)   The sequence that you were
given in Usenet is exactly what do for it to work.

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"