Bugs & Feature Status in Updates?

John Thompson pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:24:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:16:53 +0200 (MEST), Joachim F. Selinger wrote:

>> Distribution via .ZIP has the additional advantage of the
>> intregity check after download.
>
>You are right there, and according to the problem others had when
>installing an downloaded version with errors, the install program
>doesn't do any error checking at all! Definitely something to improve.

Looking inside the installation archive I see something to suggest that
maybe some rudimentary error checking is done:

%s\setup.ins
This setup file has been damaged or is corrupted.  Setup will abort.

Also this indicationof how it was produced:

Crusher! Data Compression Toolkit Version 3.12
(C)Copyright 1993-1995 DC Micro Development
ARQ.ZIP.ZOO.ARC.ARJ.LBR.PAK.LZH.CAB

I'm not familiar with "Crusher!" but it appears it may support some
well-know compression methods at least.  ZIP doesn't recognize this
archive, but maybe one of those others....

John (john.thompson@attglobal.net)