Thanks to BSW

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:44:39 +0100

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:28:02 +0100, Paul Hodges wrote:

>We owe our thanks to BSW for taking on PMMail, and to Southsoft for
>being prepared to hand it over when they could clearly not go on with
>it themselves (and for finding a company committed to OS/2).

I'd second that!

>I am pleased that the bug fixes that have already been done have been
>released (though I had expected somewhat more changes than actually
>materialised).  BSW will presumably now make their own assessment of
>the state of the product and the further fixes and new features that
>are required and draw up their plans accordingly.  It would be nice
>if we were to be told the plans when they are formed, but there may
>of course be commercial reasons for this information to be
>incomplete.

I think it would be valuable if we, as long time users of PMMail, were
to send our views on needed features to the appropriate people at BSW.
They are currently going up the learning curve on support and
development, so it's a good time to make our opinions known before
their mindset crystallizes.

>PS
>Is PMInews part of the deal, or is it now a dead product?  Does
>anyone care?

Southsoft had a separate publishing and support agreement with Stardock
for PMINews. I understand that Thomas wishes BSW to concentrate on
PMMail as its flagship and launch product. I have also asked Brad
Wardell and BoB about PMINews, so far no replies on this one.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails