What's in it for BSW?

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:05:58 +0100

Idle speculation but:

It is apparent that the members of this list were prepared to pay around 1000
dollars for an upgrade; a new version would have a development cost of at
least one order of magnitude more than this figure. I think that even most
ardent supporter of OS/2  would  concede that the number to users of  the
operating system is declining.

Every flavour of Windows comes with a mail client that the vast majority of
users find satisfactory and there are a raft of other mail clients available for the
operating system.

However hard I try I can't see how a return could be made on any further
investment in PMMail - which is presumably why Bob and Icon disposed of it.

I can't suppose that Thomas Bradford acquired it out of sentiment but neither
can I see how it could be a commercial proposition ...

Anybody like to speculate?

David